Medicines Our Family Physicians Focus On
Our Mount Pleasant family physicians have experience in a wide-range of medicine and are knowledgeable to treat patients of all ages. Some areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Adolescent medicine – treating youth patients who have reached puberty and are in adolescence, specifically focusing on illness, substance abuse prevention and counseling, psychosocial and reproductive health.
- Women’s health – full range of healthcare Services for women through all stages of their lives including puberty, child-bearing ages and menopause.
- Internal Medicine – the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Our physicians are especially skilled in the management of patients who have undifferentiated or multi-system disease processes.
- Geriatrics – promotes health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults.
- Palliative care – the care for people who have serious illnesses. Our palliative care focuses on improving quality of life. Sometimes palliative care is combined with curative treatment.
- Preventative medicine – measures taken to prevent diseases or injuries before they occur.